Parklife

2 days of watching sport all day is exhausting, especially in Roman heat, so we spent a few hours in the calm and peace of the Botanical Gardens in Rome.  Very beautiful and well kept with a fantastic variety of plants from all over the world, and with a great view over the city.





We enjoyed our short Roman holiday.

But I have a few thoughts about Italian people. Their idea of personal space is pretty much non existent. Several times, I was bumped into, or my direction of walk was not avoided by someone coming from the opposite direction.  The word "queue" probably doesn't exist in Italian.  And as for "park tidy" or safely- we saw scores of cars, vans and motorbikes left abandoned on pavements, across zebra crossings, sticking out into the road, you name it.  A lot of Roman locals talk very loudly too.  I'm afraid they're not my favourite people.  Perhaps on another visit , if I manage it properly, I'll get to see Rome in a different light. There's so much history here- you have to be here to appreciate it.


No more posts until the trip  #4 starts on 15th June- the Big One- 18 days in Canada - from Toronto to Alaska via Calgary and Vancouver.  Cant wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rail trip of a lifetime

Time to relax

A walk and a climb...