The Last Post (for now)

My Eurostar train left at 2.50pm, so I had a couple of hours to look around the old part of this city.  I'm on the final leg of this marathon train trip, and I'm writing this on the terrifically fast Eurostar train speeding through the French countryside

I guess my first impressions of Brussels last night were influenced by where I was staying - quite close to Brussels Noord rail station. A short walk took me to Grand palace- relatively free of tourists because of the early hour on a Sunday morning.




There are some lovely parts of this city, and wished I'd had more time to explore it. But I made the most of my time by taking a few photos:








Final European station (for the time being): Brussels Midi:

And a snap from the speeding (175mph) Eurostar as we enter the Channel Tunnel:


This  is my last post for now.

I'll be picking it up again in 8 days time on the trip that Pam and I are doing to see some Tennis at the Rome Open Tennis tournament.

It's astonishing how far technology has come: I've just posted this when in the middle of the tunnel!


Footnote:

The GWR train from London Paddington left exactly on time, and seems to be travelling just as fast as the InterCity trains in Europe.

I'm pretty well convinced that train travel has a lot going for it, and even with the occasional delay, it's the way to go for long distance travel. 



Comments

  1. You've sold it to me my friend, definitely want to include more of it in future travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A rail trip of a lifetime

Time to relax

A walk and a climb...