Hills (but walking, not running)

 After my long 10 mile run this morning, I didn't take it easy - I set off to walk up one of the nearby hills that overlook the city of Graz.

Like most other European cities, Graz has  a superb tram system, that's very easy to use and navigate.  A No. 1 tram took me to the start of the walk.   It was tough uphill climbing all the way. Surrounded by trees, there was no view of the city.  At the top, I lost my phone signal, and got hopelessly lost.  It was an interesting feeling- no technology to rely on; totally relying on your wits and intuition.   A refusal to panic even though there was no one else about, I decided to carry on walking the way I thought I should go. I eventually stumbled on an old sign which (sort of) pointed the way.  45 minutes later, I was back in civilisation, with other walkers and bikers coming into view.  Phew! 


 20 minutes later, I was back on a tram back to my apartment..  

One last look at the city's iconic buildings:


Town Square


Clock tower from city level

 Needless to say, I'm completely knackered now.  It's another early start tomorrow for an all day journey to Frankfurt.  On the (almost) last leg of this amazing trip 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rail trip of a lifetime

Time to relax

A walk and a climb...