Fast travellin' thoughts

 A high speed train was boarded at Frankfurt, headed to Brussels, my final destination on this trip. 

 And when I say high speed, it was an impressive 180 mph through the German and Belgian countryside ! My observations centered around the changing nature and affluence between arras of Austria I'd just been to and the more industrialised Western part of Europe.  The houses in the towns and villages were becoming the more familiar old terraces so common in the UK, contrasting with the much bigger detached housing in Austria and Southern Germany.



Passing over the Rhine at Koln:



.....and arrival at the cosmopolitan city of Brussels.. 






My first impressions (never been here before) were not great. Too busy, buildings too big, the whole place doesn't suit me. But I'm not staying in the historical part... I'll be visiting that tomorrow .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rail trip of a lifetime

Time to relax

A walk and a climb...